Peanut Butter cookies are my favorite cookie. I love making them with chunky peanut butter. I use my Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer for this recipe. Hope you enjoy this good classic peanut butter cookie recipe. Serve at your next family gathering. I’m sure the entire family will love them. See more sweet treat recipes here.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 10-12 minutes
Chill time: 1 hour
Yields 18-36 cookies
1 c. unsalted butter
1½ c. chunky peanut butter
1½ c. light brown sugar
½ c. granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 t. real vanilla extract
2½ c. all-purpose flour
1½ t. baking soda
1 t. baking powder
1 c. unsalted peanuts, divided
- Place the top oven rack in the center position and pre-heat oven to 375°F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or a Silpat™ baking mat and set aside.
- Cream the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar in a large mixing bowls. Add the eggs and vanilla extract, and mix to combine.
- In a separate large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and 2/3 cup unsalted peanuts. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Transfer dough to the refrigerator and chill for one hour.
- Once chilled, divide the dough into equal-sized balls and arrange on the prepared baking sheets, leaving 2 inches between each ball. Press the dough down with a fork in a crisscross fashion to flatten. Add remaining chopped peanuts to the top of the cookies and press the peanuts down into them.
- Place the baking sheets into the pre-heated oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cookies are golden brown on top and cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and let the cookies sit for 2-3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool before serving. Enjoy!