Classic Oatmeal Raisin Cookies are delicious. I love easy to make cookie recipes. Made with oats, brown sugar, real vanilla and pumpkin pie spice. Using real vanilla is recommended. I use vanilla bean paste, or real vanilla extract in my cookie recipes. This gives a delicious flavor to your baked goods. I recommend Challenge Butter for this recipe. But you can use your favorite real butter. I hope you enjoy these Classic Oatmeal Cookie recipe, and make it for years to come. Check out my Peanut Buttere Chunky cookie recipe here.
Prep time: 15 minutes + 30 minutes to chill dough Bake time: 8-10 Yields 24 cookies
1 c. unsalted butter, softened
1 c. brown sugar
½ c. granulated sugar
1 t. real vanilla extract
3½ c. quick oats
1 c. all-purpose flour
1 t. pumpkin pie spice
½ t. baking powder
½ t. baking soda
¼ t. salt
1 c. raisins
1. Preheat oven to 375°F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat® baking mat. Set aside.
2. Cream the butter with the brown and granulated sugar in a large mixing bowl.
3. Add in eggs and vanilla, and mix on low speed to combine.
4. In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients, and then add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix. Stir in raisins until combined.
5. Cover and chill dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before baking.
6. Divide the dough into 24 equal-sized balls. Arrange on the prepared baking sheet with 1-2 inches between balls of dough. Press balls down with the bottom of a glass. Tip: To keep the dough from sticking to the glass, wet the bottom of the glass before pressing down on the dough.
7. Place in the pre-heated oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through. Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool for 10-15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!