Rustic Blueberry Maple Crisp is one of my favorite desserts in the spring and summer months. I use fresh organic blueberries, ground cinnamon, allspice and pure maple syrup for this recipe. I love serving with vanilla bean ice cream on top or greek yogurt. You can use any fruit your like. Hope you enjoy this delicious, rustic, easy to make dessert. For my Baked Cinnamon Apple Crisp recipe click here.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45-50 minutes
4 c. fresh blueberries, rinsed
¼ c. real maple syrup
¾ t. ground cinnamon
½ t. ground allspice
½ t. dried rosemary (or 1½ t. fresh, finely chopped)
¾ c. old-fashioned rolled oats
¼ c. almond flour
¼ c. almonds, sliced
¼ c. honey, preferably local
2 T. unsalted butter, melted
1/8 t. table salt
Optional, to Serve:
1 c. Greek yogurt or vanilla bean ice cream
- Place top oven rack in the center position and pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Place blueberries in a large bowl. Add maple syrup, cinnamon, allspice, rosemary, and salt. Toss to combine and set aside.
- Combine the topping ingredients in a separate bowl and stir until oats are thoroughly coated and all ingredients are well combined. Set aside.
- Pour blueberry mixture into a 10” cast iron skillet and spread into an even layer. Spread the topping evenly across the top in a uniform layer, as well.
- Place into pre-heated oven and bake for 30 minutes. If the top layer is nicely browned at this point, cover dish loosely with aluminum foil to prevent over-browning. Bake for another 15-20 minutes or until the blueberry crisp is nice and bubbling. Remove from oven and set aside to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve warm with some Greek yogurt, if desired. Enjoy!