Roasted Italian Sausages with Tomatoes and White Beans is a delicious recipe combination. I prepare this recipe in my 10 inch cast iron skillet.
However, a 12” or 14” cast iron skillet would also work well for this recipe. If using a larger skillet, check for doneness after 20 minutes and adjust final cook time accordingly. For more Quick Family Meal recipes click here.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 35-40 minutes
2 T. extra virgin olive oil
4 large Italian sausages (approximately 1 lbs.)
½ medium red onion, sliced into wedges
5-6 large garlic cloves, whole and unpeeled
2 c. cherry or grape tomatoes
1 T. Italian seasoning
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1 15-oz. can white beans, rinsed and drained
2 T. red wine vinegar
3 T. fresh basil, thinly sliced
- Place the top oven rack in the center position and pre-heat the oven to 400ºF. Place a large cast iron skillet inside to warm up while the oven pre-heats.
- Carefully remove the hot skillet from the oven and add the olive oil. Gently swirl the oil around the bottom of skillet until coated. Arrange the sausages, red onion, garlic cloves, and tomatoes in the skillet. Season with the Italian seasoning and a generous amount of salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Place the skillet in the oven and roast for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add the white beans and red wine vinegar to the skillet and gently stir to combine. Be sure to flip the sausages so the bottom has a chance to brown evenly.
- Return to the oven and cook for another 10-15 minutes or until the sausages are nicely browned.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and remove the whole garlic cloves. Squeeze the roasted garlic into the skillet and top with the fresh basil. Stir to combine and serve immediately. Enjoy!