I have a passion for baking. I love making cakes and desserts and sharing them with friends and family. My Orange Vanilla Cake is a semi-homemade cake recipe you will love. This cake uses a cake mix, but it is a stunning dessert that tastes as you made it from scratch.
Adding orange juice and Grand Marnier to the frosting gives this cake a delicious orange flavor. They will never know this delicious cake is not from scratch. For a beautiful presentation, top this cake with orange slices and strawberries.
I enjoy dressing up cake recipes and making them look as good as they taste. You can dress up a simple cake recipe, just by adding a few finishing touches. I decorate my cakes with fresh fruit, chocolate shavings, or fresh whipped cream. For chocolate cakes, I make a delicious mocha buttercream icing with dark chocolate.
There are so many ways to dress up your cake. I have spent many hours creating and baking cakes. I love making desserts for my friends and family.Creating a delicious cake is easier than you think. You can certainly create a unique, tasty cake recipe using a cake mix.
Making cakes is one of my hobbies. I love creating cake recipes and sharing them with my coworkers. We have potlucks at work, and I always bake a cake and take it. I have made many cakes in my lifetime, and this one is close to being a favorite for me. Great to serve during the summer months.
Check out my recipe for my Strawberry Bundt Cake here. You can get creative with bundt cake recipes that your whole family will love. If baking is your passion, as it is mine, try out this recipe and let me know what you think. Let’s bake a cake!
1 box vanilla cake mix
1 cup of orange juice
1/3 cup oil
2 boxes vanilla instant pudding (3.5 oz each)
2 cups of milk
1 oz Grand Marnier or orange extract
1 8 oz container of Cool Whip – thawed
1 tbsp orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Spray 2 round cake pans with non-sticking spray for baking
- Mix the cake mix, orange juice, eggs and oil for approx 2 – 3 minutes until thoroughly mixed. You can do this by hand or with a mixer.
- Pour the cake batter evenly into your cake pans and bake according to box directions.
- Cool in a wire rack before inverting and removing from pans.
- While cakes are baking, prepare the frosting.
- Whisk milk and pudding mix until the pudding begins to get thick. Add the Grand Marnier (or orange extract) and mix.
- Then fold the Cool Whip and orange zest.
- Place the frosting in the fridge to set for about at least an hour.
- When the cake has cooled completely, remove the dome of the cakes