Keto Chicken Thighs with Creamy Mushroom Sauce is a delicious and full flavor dinner recipe to enjoy on the Keto diet. I use bone-in chicken thighs in this recipe. Chicken thighs are always full of flavor and never dry out. The sauce is made with cream cheese and portobello mushrooms, which compliment the chicken deliciously. I hope you enjoy it!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 40-45 minutes
3 T. unsalted butter, divided
2 lbs. bone-in chicken thighs
1 t. garlic powder
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
8 oz. baby Portobello mushrooms, sliced
¾ c. chicken broth
¼ c. heavy cream
6 oz. cream cheese, cut into chunks
2 T. fresh parsley, chopped
- Melt two tablespoons butter in a large, high-sided skillet over medium heat. Season chicken thighs with garlic powder, salt, and black pepper, to taste, and add to the hot skillet.
- Brown the chicken thighs on each side, approximately 3-4 minutes per side. The chicken should release easily from the bottom of the skillet when ready.
- Transfer chicken to a platter and add remaining butter to the skillet. Add the sliced Portobello mushrooms and sauté, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms develop some color and start to release their liquids, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Pour the chicken broth into the skillet and gently scrape up the brown bits from the bottom. Return the chicken thighs and juices that collected on the platter to the skillet.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cover. Simmer until the chicken is cooked through, approximately 25-30 minutes. Remove pan from heat and transfer the chicken to a platter. Cover and keep warm.
- To prevent curdling, temper the heavy cream by adding one or two tablespoons of the hot liquid from the skillet to it before adding it to the pan. Add the cream cheese to the skillet and stir until it is thoroughly melted and incorporated into the sauce. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired.
- To serve, spoon some of the pan sauce and mushrooms over each chicken thigh and sprinkle with some fresh parsley, if desired. Serve immediately with your choice of sides. Enjoy!
Hi I'm glad your here!
I love to cook, bake and try new recipes. I enjoy food photography and reviewing products. Hope you enjoy my recipes, thanks for visiting!
Macros – per serving*
Net Carbs: 4.48g
Nutritional information provided for entertainment purposes only and should not be construed as medical guidance or advice. All information is based solely on results provided by HappyForks.com and is not guaranteed to be accurate.