Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
If I am in the mood for a quick delicious breakfast, Strawberry Banana Granola Parfaits are the perfect go to recipe. Made with crunchy granola, and topped with strawberries and bananas. You can prepare the granola ahead, so prep time is fast and easy. The granola is made wth pitted dates, almond butter, honey and almonds. I use greek yogurt for the recipe. You can top wth your favorite fruit. I use mason jars to prepare my parfaits. Hope you enjoy this recipe.
6 large dates, pitted
3 T. natural almond butter
3 T. honey
2 T. coconut oil, melted
1 t. real vanilla extract
1 c. rolled oats
½ t. ground cinnamon
¼ t. salt
¼ c. raw almonds, roughly chopped
2 T. sunflower seeds
2 c. plain Greek yogurt
2 large bananas, sliced
1 c. fresh strawberries, sliced
- Pre-heat -oven to 350°F and line an 8 x 8-inch baking pan with a piece of parchment paper, leaving a bit of overlap on the sides.
- In a high-powered blender or a food processor, combine the pitted dates, almond butter, honey, coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Blend until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Transfer the date mixture into a large mixing bowl and add the oats, cinnamon, salt, almonds, and sunflower seeds. Mix until well combined and the oats and nuts are nicely coated.
- Transfer the granola mixture to the prepared baking dish and pat down into an even layer. Place in the pre-heated oven and bake until lightly golden brown and toasted on top, approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool to room temperature. Granola will crumble as you remove it from the pan, with some larger chunks.
- To serve, alternate layers of Greek yogurt, granola, sliced bananas, and fresh strawberries in 4 parfait dishes or mason jars. Enjoy!