Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20-25 minutes
3 T. extra virgin olive oil, divided
1 large Poblano pepper, seeded and diced
1 lb. bulk turkey sausage
4 oz. goat cheese, room temp, cut into small chunks
16 oz. medium Portobello mushrooms, rinsed, stems removed, and patted dry
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease a large roasting pan with one tablespoon olive oil. Set aside.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add diced Poblano peppers and cook, stirring occasionally, until the peppers soften and develop a bit of color, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Add turkey sausage to the skillet. Cook until no longer pink, approximately 6-8 minutes, breaking up the sausage into small pieces while cooking.
- Add goat cheese to skillet and cover for 1-2 minutes. Remove cover and stir until cheese is completely melted and combined with the turkey and pepper mixture. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Fill each mushroom cap with some of the turkey mixture. Drizzle the mushrooms with remaining olive oil and season with salt and black pepper, as desired.
- Place pan in the pre-heated oven and roast until the mushrooms are slightly browned around the edges, approximately 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and serve immediately. Enjoy