Sicilian Halibut Fish Stew
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 40-45 minutes
2 T. extra virgin olive oil
1 medium red onion, diced
2 large celery stalks, diced
2 medium carrots, diced
1 medium zucchini, diced
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
½ c. dry white wine
1 28-oz. can chopped tomatoes, with liquid
2 c. fish stock
1 lb. halibut filets, skin removed and roughly chopped
1 c. fresh green beans, trimmed and quartered
1 large organic lemon, juice and zest
¾ c. fresh parsley, chopped
¼ c. pine nuts
- Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add the onion, celery, carrots, zucchini, and garlic. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the veggies become soft and fragrant, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Add the wine and gently scrape any brown bits off the bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon. Stir to combine and simmer for approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and fish stock and bring to a rapid boil, then reduce heat to medium low. Cover pot and gently simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20-25 minutes.
- Uncover and add the chopped halibut and fresh green beans. Cover and continue cooking until the fish is flakey and the green beans are slightly tender, approximately 8-10 minutes.
- Add lemon zest and juice and stir in fresh parsley. Remove from heat and season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired.
- To serve, top each serving with a tablespoon of pine nuts. Enjoy!
Hi I'm glad your here! I love to cook, bake and try new recipes. I enjoy food photography and reviewing products. Hope you enjoy my recipes, thanks for visiting! Sheila