These scrumptious, gluten-free meatballs are a real crowd pleaser. Here, traditional breadcrumbs are replaced with a hearty portion of freshly grated Parmesan cheese, while a combination of spices and fresh herbs pack tons of flavor into every bite.
These meatballs freeze well, so make a double or triple batch if time allows. Then simply pull out of the freezer, reheat, and serve for a quick and delicious weeknight meal.
Tip: To help the meatballs hold their round shape, bake them on their own first before adding the tomato sauce. Enjoy these tasty gluten free meatballs! For more Quick Family Meals click here.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25-30 minutes
2 c. tomato sauce
2 lbs. ground turkey breast
1 large (or 2 small) eggs
1½ c. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1½ T. fresh oregano leaves
3 T. fresh basil leaves, chopped
3 T. fresh parsley, chopped
3 cloves fresh garlic, finely minced
1 T. onion salt
½ T crushed red pepper flakes
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
Optional: Additional tomato sauce, Parmesan cheese, and fresh basil for serving. Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat™ baking mat. Set aside.
2. Pour tomato sauce into 9×13” glass baking dish and spread in a thin layer to cover the bottom and set aside.
3. Add ground turkey, eggs, Parmesan cheese, oregano, basil, parsley, garlic, onion salt, and crushed red pepper flakes to a large bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Thoroughly combine mixture and divide into 24 equal-sized portions. (For larger meatballs, separate into 18 portions). Add more Parmesan cheese, if necessary, to bind the ingredients.
4. Gently roll each portion into a ball and place on prepared baking sheet, leaving room between each meatball. Place baking sheet in pre-heated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven and transfer meatballs to prepared baking dish. Drizzle with additional tomato sauce and Parmesan cheese, if desired.
5. Place baking dish in oven for approximately 10 minutes, or until sauce and meatballs are heated through. Remove from oven and serve immediately with additional tomato’sHi I'm glad your here! I love to cook, bake and try new recipes. I enjoy food photography and reviewing products. Hope you enjoy my recipes, thanks for visiting! Sheila