Prep time: 15 minutes (+ time to salt eggplant)
Cook time: 25-30 minutes
2 large Italian eggplants, cut into ¼” slices, lengthwise
2 T. extra virgin olive oil
2 T. fresh parsley, chopped
2 T. pomegranate arils, for garnish
Tahini Dressing Ingredients:
3 T. extra virgin olive oil
¼ c. tahini
3 T. fresh lemon juice
1 small shallot, minced
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste*
*Go light on added salt for the dressing because the eggplant will hold onto some of the salt from Step 1 below.
- Arrange sliced eggplant slices on two large, rimmed baking sheets lined with parchment paper or Silpat™ baking mats without overcrowding. Generously season both sides with salt and set aside for 45 minutes to one hour.
- Meanwhile, prepare the tahini dressing by placing all of the ingredients together in a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid. Cover and shake vigorously to combine. Set aside.
- When eggplant is almost ready, space the top two oven racks evenly apart (dividing the oven into thirds) and pre-heat oven to 425°F.
- Thoroughly rinse eggplant under running water to remove excess salt. Transfer the eggplant to a plate lined with paper towels and pat each slice thoroughly until completely dry. Transfer the dry eggplant slices to the prepared baking sheets and brush the exposed surface with the olive oil.
- Place the baking sheets in the oven and roast for 25-30 minutes, or just until the eggplant is golden brown. Cook time may vary, so check after 20 minutes and adjust final cook time accordingly. Do not overcook.
- Remove from oven and transfer the roasted eggplant slices onto individual serving plates. Spoon some tahini dressing on top, along with some fresh parsley and pomegranate arils before serving. Hope you enjoy this recipe.
Directions:Hi I'm glad your here! I love to cook, bake and try new recipes. I enjoy food photography and reviewing products. Hope you enjoy my recipes, thanks for visiting! Sheila