Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles
Looking for a delicious snack to satisfy your sweet tooth? Look no further than these decadent chocolate hazelnut truffles. The best part? Dates and a touch of maple syrup add just enough sweetness without adding any refined sugar.
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: n/a
Yield: 15-18 truffles
½ c. raw hazelnuts
12 Medjool dates, pitted
2 T. cocoa powder, unsweetened
2 T. coconut flour
1 T. coconut oil, melted
1½ T. pure maple syrup
1 t. pure vanilla extract
¼ t. coarse salt
¼ c. hazelnuts or almonds, ground
¼ c. coconut flakes, finely shredded
2 T unsweetened cocoa powder + ¼ t. each cayenne pepper and coarse salt
- Place pitted dates in a small bowl filled with warm water. Set aside to soak for 10-15 minutes.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with wax paper and set aside. Pour each selected coating, if using, onto a separate shallow, rimmed plate and set aside.
- Add hazelnuts to a food processor and process until finely ground.
- Remove the softened dates from bowl and drain off any excess water. Add dates and cocoa powder to food processor and blend until smooth, approximately 3-4 minutes. Scrape the sides, as necessary, to ensure mixture is thoroughly combined.
Tip: Add a few drops of water at a time, if necessary, to achieve a smooth consistency, but don’t add too much.
- Add coconut flour, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and salt to the mixture and process until combined.
- Remove the dough from the food processor and divide into 15-18 equal-sized portions. Roll each section of dough into a ball before rolling in the selected coatings.
- Once coated, place on prepared baking tray and place in the refrigerator to chill for several minutes before serving. Enjoy!