I love Ice cream during the spring and summer months. Nothing better than enjoying some creamy, delicious, flavorful ice cream. Homemade is the best, and I love making it.
This recipe is not only super simple to make but colorful as well. Perfect for serving your kids for a party or just a summertime treat. Everyone will think you spent hours in the kitchen, when in fact you didn’t.
This ice cream recipe uses four ingredients: heavy whipping cream, vanilla extract, sweetened condensed milk, and food coloring. You can whip this up in no time in your standing mixer and place it in a container to freeze overnight
Serve as is or with sprinkles, or in a waffle cone or waffle bowl. You can use different colors if you like. This delicious ice cream will taste amazing whatever colors you use. What is your favorite summer dessert? For more dessert recipes click here.
Rainbow Ice Cream
Prep Time: 15 min
Freeze Time: 8-10 hours
- 2 cups very cold heavy whipping cream
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Food coloring – 6 colors
- Place loaf pan or container in freezer at least 30 minutes
- Place bowl and whisk in freezer at least 30 minutes
- Be sure whipping cream and condensed milk are really cold
- In a large bowl, beat whipping cream until stiff peaks form
- In a medium bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla until smooth
- Gradually add milk mixture to whipping cream by GENTLY folding into whipped cream
- Divide mixture into 6 separate bowls (it will be about 1 cup each)
- Color each bowl with a different color by GENTLY folding the coloring into the mixture
- Remove container from freezer and drop ice cream mixture by spoonfuls into the container
- Freeze overnight