The Southwestern Keto Breakfast Skillet is a tasty recipe, you can prepare at home to serve for breakfast or brunch. I love easy to prepare southwestern recipes. Are you on the Keto diet? This tasty skillet recipe can be enjoyed for breakfast or brunch. Looking for new Keto recipes? Be sure
to check out my recipe for One Skillet Cheeseburger Soup.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
2 T. unsalted butter, divided
1 8-oz. bag radishes, rinsed, trimmed, and quartered
¼ c. red onion, finely diced
2 t. Italian seasoning
1 t. ground cumin
½ t. ground chili powder
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
¾ c. mini sweet peppers, diced (tri-color)
4 large eggs
4 strips thick-cut bacon, cooked crispy
2 T. fresh cilantro, chopped
1 large avocado, diced
1 large lime, cut into 8 wedges
- Melt one tablespoon butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the radishes, red onion, and Italian seasoning. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the radishes start to develop some color, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of butter and the chopped peppers to the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the pepper softens, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Create four “wells” in the skillet by pushing the vegetables to the side with a spatula. Add an egg into each opening and reduce heat to medium low. Cover and cook until the eggs are cooked through, approximately 3-5 minutes depending on desired level of doneness.
- Remove from heat and crumble the crispy bacon on top of the skillet. Top with the fresh cilantro and serve immediately with the diced avocado and fresh lime wedges on the side. Enjoy!
Net Carbs: 5.44g
Nutritional information provided for entertainment purposes only and should not be construed as medical guidance or advice. All information is based solely on results provided by HappyForks.com and is not guaranteed to be accurate.