Creamy White Chicken Chili is a quick and easy family meal. I love making chili all year long. This chili is made with boneless, skinless chicken breast, great northern beans, green chilies and cream cheese. The cream cheese in this recipe gives a creamy added layer of flavor. I love freezing this chili and taking it to work. This makes several meals and is great for meal prep.
- 1-pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 can (14.5 ounce) great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn, optional
- 2 cans (14.5 ounce each) chicken broth, plus additional for thinning if needed
- 1 can (4 ounce) chopped green chiles
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon white or black pepper
- 8-ounce package cream cheese, cubed
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- Topping of choice: shredded cheese, sour cream, chopped cilantro, crush corn tortilla chips, chopped jalapenos, etc.
- Cut the chicken into 1/2-inch chunks; set aside.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large pot, then add the onions and sauté for 2 minutes. Add the chicken and cook until no longer pink. Add the minced garlic and cook altogether for 1 minute.
- To the large pot, add the great northern beans, frozen corn, chicken broth, green chiles, cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Stir well, then bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered for 30 minutes. Add additional chicken broth if needed.
- Add the cream cheese and allow to melt in the soup. Add the heavy whipping cream; stir well. If desired, add additional salt to taste or chicken broth to adjust consistency.
- Serve hot with topping of your choice.