I hope you enjoy my Chicken Cacciatore recipe. Serve with garlic bread and salad. For more chicken recipes click here.
Chicken Cacciatore with Spaghetti recipe is great to serve for that special occasion or a weekend meal. Chicken Cacciatore is one of those comfort food recipes you will love. I use skinless bone in chicken thighs for this recipe. I use dry red wine to add lots of flavor. I prefer using whole wheat spaghetti ,but you can use whatever spaghetti you prefer.
1. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large, high-sided skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic, pepper, carrots, and celery. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Cook, stirring frequently, until the vegetables soften and develop some color, approximately 4-5 minutes.
2. Reduce heat to medium and add another tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring frequently, until the mushrooms are golden brown and start to release their liquid, approximately 5-6 minutes.
3. Add the remaining olive oil and the chicken thighs to the skillet. Season with additional salt and pepper, as desired, and sear, approximately 3-4 minutes per side.
4. Pour in the red wine and deglaze the bottom of the skillet with a wooden spoon. Simmer until liquid is reduced by one half, approximately 3-4 minutes.
5. Add the tomato paste, red wine vinegar, crushed tomatoes, herbs, and crushed red pepper flakes. Season with additional salt and black pepper, as desired, and stir to combine. Cover and gently simmer until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce is thickens, approximately 25-30 minutes.
6. While the sauce is simmering, prepare the spaghetti according to the package instructions. Set aside and keep warm.
7. Remove the lid on the sauce and stir in the black olives, parsley, and basil. Serve immediately over the warm, cooked spaghetti with some additional parsley for garnis