This healthy and delicious smoothie tastes more like a decadent dessert than a nutritious way to start the day. The natural sweetness of the orange and carrots are balanced by a trio of complementary spices, while spoonful of homemade coconut whipped cream serves as the perfect finishing touch.
Tip: For best results, use coconut milk that does not contain guar gum to make the whipped cream.
I love healthy smoothie recipes. This recipe is one of my favorites. if you love carrot cake, you will love this smoothie. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do. Follow the easy directions below to create this healthy carrot cake smoothie with coconut whipped cream.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Coconut Whipped Cream Ingredients:
1 13.5-oz. can coconut milk, chilled
1-2 T. maple syrup (optional)
1 t. orange zest (optional)
1 c. coconut milk
1 large banana, cut into chunks and frozen
2 large stalks celery, roughly chopped
1 large orange, peeled
4 large carrots, roughly chopped
¾ t. cinnamon
¾ t. ground allspice
½ t. ground nutmeg
4-6 ice cubes
Finely chopped walnuts
- Chill coconut milk in refrigerator for several hours or overnight. To prepare,
remove can from refrigerator without shaking or turning and remove lid. Scoop
out the solidified “cream” from the top of the can and transfer to a mixing bowl.
Reserve remaining liquid coconut milk to use in smoothie.
- Add maple syrup and orange zest, if desired, to mixing bowl and blend until light
and airy. Allow coconut cream to warm up slightly before blending if lumps
persist. Cover and place bowl in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Add the coconut milk and frozen banana to a high-speed blender and blend until
smooth, around 30 seconds.
- Add celery, orange, carrots, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, and ice cubes. Blend on
high speed until completely combined and creamy, approximately 1-2 minutes.
- Pour into glasses and top with a scoop of coconut whipped cream. Garnish with
a dash of cinnamon or finely chopped walnuts, if desired, and serve immediately.