Pumpkin pie spice is one of the quintessential flavors of fall. Although you can buy containers of this popular spice, it only takes a couple minutes to whip up your own using ingredients you probably already have on hand. Use what you need and store the rest in an airtight container for several weeks – if it lasts that long!
If you can’t get enough of this classic flavor, this recipe combines it with hot coffee, Irish cream, and delicious homemade whipped cream for a cozy and satisfying adults-only treat. Enjoy!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: n/a
Homemade Whipped Cream ingredients:*
1 pint heavy whipping cream
2 T. real maple syrup
Pumpkin Pie Spice:
3 T. cinnamon
1 T. ground ginger
1 T. ground nutmeg
2 t. ground allspice
2 t. ground cloves
Pumpkin Pie Spice Irish Coffee:
1 T. pumpkin pie spice
16 oz. freshly brewed hot coffee
8 oz. Irish Crème
additional pumpkin pie spice, for garnish
* substitute pre-made whipped cream, if preferred.
- In a large glass bowl, blend 1 pint of heavy whipping cream with a hand mixer or immersion blender until it doubles in size and changes texture. Then, drizzle maple syrup into the bowl and continue blending until the mixture is light and fluffy. Set aside.
- Combine the pumpkin pie spice ingredients in a medium bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Before brewing, sprinkle fresh coffee grounds with one tablespoon pumpkin pie spice and gently shake to evenly combine the mixture. Brew spiced coffee grounds as usual.
- Pour 2 oz. Irish Cream into each cup and top with 4 oz. of freshly brewed coffee. Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with additional pumpkin pie spice before serving. Enjoy!